Thursday, March 01, 2007

Snow Day



With up to 15 inches of snow and 35 mph wind surging up as far as 50mph, nature decided that we all needed to stay home today. The Interstate was closed through much of the state and most businesses even conceded to letting employees stay home. Unfortunately, Dad has a big project implementing AND computer access from home so no snow day for him!

Call me selfish but I decided that I deserve a snow day as well. Yes, I have two kids home all day to entertain. But we don't have to run about to therapy! Darn it, we deserve a day to be lazy (or couch potatoes as I explained to JP) !

Aside from this blog, I aspire to read a book. I checked it out from the library 3 weeks ago. I am on page 5. I renewed it once and it is due back next week. I AM going to read it! And believe it or not, it is not about Autism!!!

Before declaring a full blown day off, I made sure we did one activity. The boys were a bit weary at first but then they had a blast. We played in the snow for about an hour! Now don't worry I didn't bundle them up and send them out in the midst of a blizzard! I brought the blizzard to them...


JP isn't much for touching the cold snow but he helped with the snowmen and even donated Woody's cowboy hat.

He actually spent much of his time plowing Thomas into a snowbank and having Terrance help pull him out! It appears that this child has a script he can pull out in a moments notice!

Regardless, we all had a blast! T even ate a little bit!

7 comments:

Club 166 said...

...T even ate a little bit!

It is a "tradition" in our house with our two kids that they each eat a bowlful of snow every year (usually the first snow of the year).

They call it "eating snowcones".

KAL said...

Wow, so much snow! Did you read any more of your book? I know exactly what you mean. I have not read a book-book in years. I am lovingly committed to magazines though :) Looks like you all had a pretty good day.

mjsuperfan said...

That sounds like a great time! I always enjoy the Thomas episodes involving snow because I'm nostalgic for it. Although I don't miss driving in it, or walking on ice!

I had to call a moratorium on books about autism for a little while. I always read right before I go to sleep, and the autism books would get my mind buzzing with all sorts of ideas.

Hope you have gotten past page five! At our library, we can renew books on-line, which is a godsend for me.

Maddy said...

Excellent! What a brilliant plan. I wonder if I could get mine to do that, the 'temperature' averse one? don't know quite where I would acquire snow though - ah poor little me in the sunshine of California- excuse me whilst I just nip off and take off my very thin T-shirt for an alternative thinner T-shirt!
Cheers dearies

Laura said...

Very cute! We had a snow day yesterday, too, at least from school. Still had to go to speech therapy, because for some reason, there was no snow two towns over.

I don't read many books on Autism these days, but I spend about 95% of my day reading things about it online. Well, that's what it seems like! I need to take a yahoo groups break. I'd have so much free time!

I tend to read books in the bathtub, and end up staying in too long, as the water gets cold, because that's the only time I won't be interrupted!

Anonymous said...

Dear MWaM,

Thank you for the supportive comments and thoughts on my blog. I so appreciate the comments.
You guys got hammered with the snow. Any property damage?

jim said...

When you hear about shopping for a car, you may think it simply involves handing the dealer your cash and getting your car. That’s not all that is involved! In this article, you’ll find a ton of useful, practical advice to help you find your next new or used vehicle.
http://www.cs-wedding.com |

http://www.fake2013oakleysunglasses.com |

http://www.fashionjapan.net |

http://www.fedes.net |

http://www.fpish.org |