Monday, April 02, 2007

Making words on the computer

We are on break from school this week. We just finished breakfast and are discussing what to do today. JP has informed me that we need to make words on the computer. So I play along and pull up Microsoft Word to transcribe what he says. But it turns out that this is not right.

"We gotta get right. We gotta get new one with all things on it. You can’t make words with that on it. But you can’t!"

Okay, reality hits. He wants Blogger.

"We gotta do questions on it."

Ah ha! He wants to do what we do with our Time Capsule questions. We just did them last Friday so it is fresh in his mind. So I pull up blogger and ask him what I should write.

"Hey, I'm Winnie the Pooh. Let's start with a song. I'll sing hum de dum dum hum de dum dum just like I climb the honey tree. That is the idea. "

Okay... (and he proceeds to sing and act out the scene of Pooh climbing the tree for his honey.) As a footnote, he is wearing his Winnie the Pooh Halloween costume from last year. He has been asking about it for a week now. I had it washed and hanging in the closet with all the garage sale items. I just kept playing dumb and telling him that I didn't know where it was. Well, last night he came into the spare room where I was working on the garage sale stuff and found it. Bummer! So he wore it all last night and then this morning he told me that he only needed two clothes to get dressed. It turns out that he only needs underwear and a shirt. No pants. Pants don't fit under his pooh costume. So it looks like Pooh, T (Piglet) and me (Christopher Robin) are in for a fun day!

So what words shall we put on the computer? I ask to lure him back from the Hundred Acre Wood.

Yes!

Can you tell me about JP?

Well, okay. Next we will start the movies. You tell me about the movies. Can you talk about the movie.

(one of my first time capsule questions is what is your favorite movie?) What movie? I ask as I play dumb.

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

Oh, yeah. That was your favorite one wasn't it. What is your second favorite movie?

Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree.

Do you like any movies that Pooh is not in?

But Pooh flies in the honey tree and looks for his honey pots.

Yes, but tell me a movie that JP likes that Pooh is not in.

(long silence) Does Pooh climb this honey tree? He climbs the honey tree and he hums. Pooh climbs and climbs and climbs but as Pooh climbs he hums a liittle hum. (fake sneeze)

So JP tell me what are you and Mommy and T going to do today?

We are hanging out.

Thats right. What kind of things are we going to do?

I don't know.

Should we play on the computer? Yes. oh bother! Should we read books? Oh, yes! Should we do puzzles? I don't think so. We have somethings we have to do. Should we color? I don't think so. We can't try. How about movies. Hum. How about we start with the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

So JP can you tell me what your favorite animal is? But Mommy, I found a balloon. It's green. The balloon is green. Does it blow up. I don't know. But it does. I'll fly it when it is not tied.

(he sticks the balloon in my mouth but I ignore it and proceed with our questions)

JP, tell me your favorite animal. I like some cows. Cows! Cool. So what do you suppose a cow eats? He eats grass. Yes! You are such a smart cookie. (fake sneeze) Yes.

What is your favorite tv show? Many Adventures... No I mean a TV show. I mean like on Playhouse Disney. Johnny and the Sprites. Oh really! That is a cool show. (fake sneeze)

So JP, what is your favorite book? I read the book about Pooh gets stuck. Do you read any Dr Seuss books. Oh yeah. I like the Cat in the Hat. Cool. Any others? That Cat in the Hat Comes Back. Do you like Green Eggs and Ham? Yeah. Do you like that one with the Grinch? Yes. What one is that? That was the story. The story of what? Of how the Grinch steal Christmas. Oh wow! You are right! I like that one!

JP, do you like writing? Yes, I like writing Lightning McQueen. No, I mean writing as in writing your letters. No I think we need to do riding.

Shall we do more questions? I think I have things to do. (and he is gone!)

I follow telling myself that perhaps it is time to ban Winnie the Pooh for awhile. We need to balance out our lives again!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

My favorite Winnie The Pooh movie is The Honey Tree. My oldest daughter loved it when she was little. I pulled it out of storage a few months ago for the twins. Now they love watching it too. And I still know every single word of that movie. Every one! And it's been at least 8 years since I've seen it!

mjsuperfan said...

The Heffalump movie is the winner in our house when it comes to Pooh movies. Pooh doesn't actually have a very big role. It has some nice songs, so I recommend it if you need a change of pace.

jim said...

Many people are fervent when it comes to the subject of jewelry, whether it concerns them or someone they love. It’s good to know a little bit about jewelry, especially since there are so many types, ways to wear jewelry and so many ways to care for jewelry pieces.
http://www.onestopautomarket.com |

http://www.pahomeassist.com |

http://www.pennhomesde.com |

http://www.powertech-haiti.com |

http://www.privatelyguidedtours.com |