Saturday, September 30, 2006

The things that make me special

Despite all his gains the one thing that always stays around is JPs continual verbal stimming. On one hand, it is usually language based so it doesn't seem so odd (for a 4 year old). But eventually he will need to learn to keep some of the thoughts inside his head!

For the past couple of months we have been continually serenaded by an adorable version of the instrumental music that plays at the beginning of Superman. The entire thing--note by note!

However about 3 weeks ago we transitioned from Superman to Winnie the Pooh. I have to admit I was happy for the transition as Pooh seems to teach more life lessons such as friendship and sharing. But our latest stim reinforces that Pooh is doing his job...

Imagine his sweet little voice singing, “The things that make me special--are the things that make me, me!”

What a great song to have repeating inside his head! This is one stim that I prey stays in his repertoire!

No comments: