Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Birthday bloopers

Well, Baby T is no longer a baby. He is one year old! He had a fabulous birthday! He was such a happy guy and really seemed to enjoy all the attention. He greedily ate his spaghetti and made a mess with the frosting on his cake. We did have to break the cake open for him but once we did he devoured it as well. By the end of the meal he was head to toe frosting and spaghetti!

The only down side was his lingering cough. He has been having trouble eating solids because of the phlegm but I figured...it's his birthday! He has to eat with the big boys! So we start out with the camcorder aimed at him while he eats his spaghetti. After about 10 minutes I figure that is enough of him slurping noodles, so I turn it off.

Then he starts coughing. And these coughs are the heart stopping kind where you worry that he isn't going to get his breath back. So I am rubbing his back and trying to coax him through it. Finally he gets his breath and greedily reaches for more spaghetti. I wipe the tears and snot from his face (because he should only have birthday food on his face)! That is when I notice a noodle poking out his nostril. I try to get it and discover that it has not gone up the nose but is rather coming DOWN the nose! Ick!!!! And to make matters worse, he slurps it back up!

So we are all watching him in fascinated horror while he greedily continues to eat his spaghetti. It seems to me that a noodle in my nose might have slowed me down--but not T! What a trooper! So a few minutes later he breaks out in another cough. Fortunately, this time we were able to extract the noodle!

So I wonder, should I put the noodle in a baggie like his first hair cut clippings? I truly regret having turned off that camera!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Baby T is a keeper!